The CGS Foundation is required to collect sufficient information from its donors to enable the administration and processing of donations to the Foundation. The CGS Foundation also uses information collected and stored by its related body, the Canberra Grammar School (the School), where consent has been received from an individual to disclose this information to the CGS Foundation. Information is used in the following ways:
- To seek donations for CGS Foundation fundraising projects
- To undertake day-to-day administration and provide administrative records to donors
- To communicate with the School community regarding CGS Foundation events
- To facilitate community building for the CGS Foundation and the School; and
- To circulate other information relevant to the primary functions of the CGS Foundation.
The CGS Foundation understands its responsibility to manage and use this information judiciously and with confidentiality.
This Policy outlines the CGS Foundation’s approach to using and managing personal information in its possession. The CGS Foundation is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act and implements policies and systems to ensure the safe keeping of personal information. This Policy provides direction to staff as to how to use personal information and the limitations in sharing this information.